Mount Harriet National Park is a national park in Anderson and Nicobar Islands in India. The park, founded in 1969, covers approx. 4.62 km2 (18.00 mi2). Mount Harriet, which is part of the park, is the third highest mountain in the Andaman and Nicobar archipelago next to Saddle Peak (732 meters) Andaman and Mount Thullier (568) meters (1864 ft) in Great Nicobar.
The picture on the back of the bill 20 is taken from Mount Harriet National Park. The park is named in memory of Harriet Tytler, the second wife of Robert Christopher Tytler, a British officer, an administrator, a natural scientist and a photographer who was appointed by convictual settlement at Port Blair in the Andaman Islands is from April 1862 to February 1864. Hurriet is remembered for his work documenting the monuments of Delhi and her notes at the time of the 1857 uprising in India.
The well-known fauna of the park is Andaman wild pigs (a threatened species), saltwater crocodiles, turtles and robberies. The park is also a butterfly hotspot.
Mount Harriet National Park was originally a reserve forest that was converted into a national park in 1979. It comprises an area of 4,662 hectares (11,520 acres), which is likely to be extended to include an additional area of 1,700 hectares (4,200 acres) to include adjacent mountain ranges, and the marine ecosystem on the east coast. The mountains in the park are aligned in the north-south direction with slopes and traces that originate from this in the east-west direction. The park’s altitude ranges from zero to the highest level of 481 meters (1,578 ft). The eastern part of the park has steep slopes, and the beaches here are also formed by rocks scattered by small sandy beaches. The park is drained by many streams that rise in the hills and end in the ocean to the east. The park experiences maritime climatic conditions and hot and humid conditions for the proximity of the equator.
A remarkable feature 2 kilometers from the park is Kalapathar, where former prisoners were pushed to killing the gap.
The park is 20 km from Port Blair, the capital of the union, which also has an airport.